IPv6 Tutorial – Windows and Linux Dedicated Servers
There’s no way to avoid it: IPv6 is the method for what’s to come. There are not any more special IPv4 tends to remaining and actually, there are numerous advantages to moving up to IPv6. In case you’re utilizing ReliableSite, you are likely have both IPv4 and IPv6 pieces enlisted to your server.
In this IPv6 instructional exercise, we’ll experience the means to set up your devoted server, regardless of whether Windows or Linux based, to utilize those new IPv6 addresses.
Step by step instructions to setup IPv6 on Windows Server
1) Logon to the Windows server with chairman rights
2) Click on Start > Network > Network and Sharing Center > Change Adapter Setting
3) Right-tap on the Local Area Connection of the system connector and pick Properties
4) Highlight Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and tap on Properties
5) Click on “Utilize the accompanying IPv6 address” and in the IPv6 Address field, type in the IP address you have been appointed by our group
6) Press the Tab key and it’ll consequently populate the Subnet prefix length to 64
7) Press the Tab enter and in the Default Gateway field, type in the IP of the Gateway
8) For Preferred DNS Server, type in the IP address of your DNS server
9) Click OK to close and spare
The most effective method to setup IPv6 on Debian
In the event that you as of now have local availability, Debian should lift it up naturally from switch commercials, and create addresses for you. You can likewise utilize the static technique in/and so forth/arrange/interfaces to set up addresses physically.
In the event that your switch doesn’t have notices, you might need to attempt to carry IPv6 physically with the accompanying order:
ip – 6 addr include 2002:c000:203::1/64 dev eth0
To check that IPv6 is working, take a stab at pinging:
ping6 – n ipv6.google.com
For an entire guide on Debian IPv6 setup, look at the Debian Wiki.
Step by step instructions to setup IPv6 on CentOS
IPv6 setup on CentOS just includes the altering of a couple of documents.
1) Open/and so forth/sysconfig/organize document, enter:
vi/and so on/sysconfig/arrange
Annex following line:
2) Open the system interface document
vi/and so on/sysconfig/arrange contents/ifcfg-eth0
Annex following config mandates for IPv6:
3) Save and close the document. Restart organizing:
benefit organize restart
Confirm your setup by pinging ipv6 empowered site, for example, ipv6.google.com:
Get IPv6 Now!
There’s no motivation to procrastinate. IPv6 is occurring so switch when you have room schedule-wise to maintain a strategic distance from a cerebral pain later.